What is Autism? Autism is a complex, lifelong developmental disability that can appear during early childhood and can impact a person’s social skills, communication, relationships, and self regulation.
Rebound offers a Behavioral Health at home program. Services are based on a comprehensive physical, psychological, mental, cognitive, family and environmental evaluation.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is the gold standard in treating individuals who have Autism. At Rebound, we aim to work with clients and families to increase the socially significant behaviors that result in enhanced communication skills and independent living skills. At the same time, this process works to naturally decrease maladaptive/challenging behaviors. We closely collaborate with each of our client's, family, school system, physician's offices, community support/resources, and all others involved, to meet your needs!
1. Diagnosis of Autism: This is done by a licensed psychologist who follows the gold standard of a medical diagnosis.
2. Initial intake: A functional assessment interview along with a skills assessment will be conducted in order to determine the need for ABA.
3. Providing services to the child: Includes child specific behavior management plans, increasing communication, and adaptive skills that enhance the life of the individual. Service will include 15-35 hours a week by an Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) with 2-3 hours a week of BCBA supervision
4. Providing training for all care givers: Provided for up to 1 hour per week. Caregivers and BCBA will discuss progress as well as concerns. BCBA will also demonstrate and teach parents the best way to decrease the maladaptive behaviors in all settings
5. Consult with other services providers: BCBA will offer ABA strategies that specifically work with the child in order to generalize the skills across all settings.
School based services:
Rebound is happy to provide services to school districts. Services Include:
1. Best practices in how to best serve those with Autism
2. Classroom management strategies for all behavior
3. How to conduct a school base functional behavior assessment
4. Writing and implementing a school based behavior intervention plan
5. Student specific consultation
6. Follow up meetings as needed.
2211 East Beltline Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525, United States